- Awesome in-depth previews.
- The Maverick issues left a sour taste in readers mouths after consistently
good issues for the previous few years.
Issue 1 (October 1988)
- Premier issue was called The One for 16-bit games.
- A 4-page poster sampler was given away with an issue of Computer + Video Games. (I think! If you know which issue, please contact us!)
Issue 21 (June 1990)
- Renamed to The One (for Amiga, Atari ST and PC games).
Issue 32 (May 1991)
- The success of the Amiga and Atari ST meant the magazine was split into two separate publications and the PC content dropped altogether.
- The separate magazines were renamed to "The One for Amiga Games" and "The One for ST Games".
Issue 44 (May 1991)
- Renamed to "The One" with a tagline of "Incorporating all the best of ACE".
Issue 47 (August 1992)
- Renamed to "The One" and the ACE tagline was dropped.
Issue 49 (October 1992)
- Renamed to "The One Amiga".
Issue 83 (August 1995)
- Maverick bought the magazine and released 7 further issues (known as the Maverick editions).
- The magazine was a pale imitation of itself, shrinking to 64 pages and then down to just 16.
- The final few issues were mostly taken up by coverage of the coverdisk games.
- Amiga Power prematurely announced the death of The One on page 14 of AP52.
- Full Amiga games were given away on the coverdisks during this period.